Would you like to share your HeiaHeia training log on your blog – or embed your HeiaHeia community on your team website, or company intranet?
Introducing HeiaHeia’s Social Fitness Plugins:
1) Personal plugin:
The personal plugin contains a summary of your own activities and a link to your profile. You can create a custom-sized widget for your own website or blog, with your own latest entries shuffling or your top5 sports for the year:
2) Group plugin:
The group plugin contains a summary of a group’s activities and link to the group. You can create a custom-sized widget for your own website or blog, with the latest events from your group shuffling or the top5 sports of the group for the year:
3) Company plugin
The company plugin contains a summary of a company’ activities and a link to the company’s own community in HeiaHeia. The company’s admin user can create a custom-sized widget for your company’s intranet or public website, with the latest events from your company shuffling or the top5 sports of the company for the year:
Important: Privacy settings apply in all the plugins. The only plugin that shares more than your profile inside HeiaHeia is your own plugin with the latest activities setting: it shares your notes attached to exercises to anybody viewing the plugin. The idea here is that you want to share your notes & entries e.g. in your blog. If you don’t want to share your notes, you can choose the “top 5 sports” option to your personal plugin.
How to take the plugins into use?
1) Go to HeiaHeia’s settings, enable plugins, and follow the link
2) Select plugin type: personal (only you can do this) – group (group members can do this) – company (only company admins can do this).
3) Set-up your plugin:
- Content: Top 5 sports or activity feed
- Color scheme: light or dark
- Size: width and height in pixels (note: if all the content doesn’t fit in the preview, you should increase the height of the plugin)
- Click “generate code”
- Check the result in the Preview window
4) Insert plugin in your site
- Copy and Paste the HTML code into the HTML code of your website
- Our solution uses an iFrame: e.g. all major blogging platform support this
- Examples for a few popular blogging platforms:
WordPress, adding an iFrame in the sidebar:
- Go to the admin panel, click ‘Appearance’ => ‘Appearance’ => ‘Editor’
- Open file sidebar.php for edit.
- Put code that you created using HH plugin generator before
Tumblr, adding an iFrame in the sidebar:
- Go to settings page and click customize theme and click link ‘Edit HTML’.
- Find suitable place and put code that you created using HH plugin generator before.
- Save changes and go to your site and check the plugin
Plugins and public profile pages:
Links in the plugins lead to you profile page, a group’s page, or a company’s home page in HeiaHeia. You can easily create a public profile page from the settings: just pick your address. NEW: We have just separated public profile page from sharing settings inside HeiaHeia, i.e. you can choose strict privacy inside HeiaHeia and still have a public page.
Our plugins is a new product and we’re still learning, e.g. what kind of content would be best suited for them – please give us feedback!